Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mr. King

This a sad and hard thing for me to share, my music teacher died over a week ago with pain cancerous tumor. I'm still trying to get over it while telling myself that I will no longer have him there for me to pull my chin up with singing. There has been so many times I wanted to give up and he pulled me right up and gave me confidence of something I got in me(more a less, what he say in me). I loved Mr. King with all my heart and he was called my daddy#2. Those of you, who know me, know that I have taken singing very seriously and have put it my life several times a week. I told myself that I will even strive harder to reach my goals for my daddy#2 and for me. I will always give my teacher the out most respect and give all his songs he composed 5 fingers up to Excellency on true feeling of words of God. I want to just wrap up in all of his songs and feel close to God.

O Lord God of my salvation, I
have cried day and night before thee:
Let my prayer come before thee:
incline thine ear unto my cry;
For my soul is full of troubles
:
and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.

Psalms 88:1-3

This text was our duet song we use for the song. This is a sad and hard thing for me to share, my music teacher died over a week ago with pain cancerous tumor. I'm still trying to get over it while telling myself that I will no longer have him there for me to pull my chin up with singing. There has been so many times I wanted to give up and he pulled me right up and gave me confidence of something I got in me(more a less, what he say in me). I loved Mr. King with all my heart and he was called my daddy#2. Those of you, who know me, know that I have taken singing very seriously and have put it my life several times a week. I told myself that I will even strive harder to reach my goals for my daddy#2 and for me. I will always give my teacher the out most respect and give all his songs he composed 5 fingers up to excellence on true feeling of words of God. I want to just wrap up in all of his songs and feel close to God.

Mr. King and I put together for me to perform this with my father. The bold texts are what we used in the song. I have not yet performed it and when I will, it will be full of deep emotions and tears in my eyes. I'm planning on dedicating this song to Mr. King, when I get it copyrighted.

And yes, I am a very deep troubled person who likes these more meaningful cries to God. I want to break down and cry and tear myself down and show all my respect to our Creator.

As for all you who want to know how my first duet went, well it went good. I did NOT pass out and matter of fact I wasn't as nervous this time as other times. God surly blessed me with that, though I wasn't perfect on my pitches a couple of times and did one mistake on coming in a little early (but that got erased out on the final copy). Mrs. Garland and I did very well on making our voices unison, sweet famine voices. This is only my first duet of many others to come. If any of you who want to hear the duet I have a copy and would be pleased to share it with you all. I will not give up on my goal and will keep pushing on with my singing.

I'm asking a favor if you would please let me know your favorite love songs. I need more songs to work on as my solos for weddings or any time themes.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, Charisse! I'm so sorry to hear about your music teacher. It is so hard to loose someone like that. I'll remember to keep you in my prayers.

I'll try to call you soon, if I don't hear from you. Thank you for the offer of a meal, but we are covered as far as that goes. I would like to see you, though. I had some recovery setbacks, so I'm trying to stay down...but soon we will get together.

Rebeca said...

I too, am so glad for the sad psalms and lamentations in the Bible. It's part of our human experience- we were made for perfect communion with God and because of sin we live with so much pain and brokenness. And those parts of the Bible show us how to cry out to and cling to God through those times.
Love,
Rebeca