Tuesday, March 3, 2009

School days # 2






Here's another continuation to our school days daily routine.

The second thing we do every school morning is "Calendar time"
We say our 12 months of the year, tell what month we are in, say our 4 seasons of the year, say our seven days of the week, know the difference from weekday to weekends, tells what day was yesterday with date, says what day is today and date, and tomorrow with date, and tells me what kind of weather we are having today.


We also learn how to read a normal calendar and cross out the days we passed already.




Both my girls are involved with this project every morning. Hannah can even say her 12 months of the year and 7 days of the week to me know. Since Ashley is VERY good at this subject now, I even have her be the teacher and I'm the student. She loves to play switch-up and it makes her smile and that's what I love. We tend to have a happy day this way too.


I know this a couple of months ago but this was when I was starting to take pictures of things they were doing with school.

1 comment:

H0MEFree said...

Very cool!
I have started getting antsy to plaster my hallway with more than a map. The pocket chart is a great idea!
Blessings!

~ K


homeschoolblogger.com/h0mefree