Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fire Station Field Trip




Last Friday I organized a fire station field trip with my homeschooling group. We had 27 heads, including parents and little children. We went to Fire Station #2,(on Chambers's and 2nd street). Our tour guide fireman was AWESOME, they put in all lot of effort to please mostly younger elementary students and answered all our questions, including the kids very well. We got to take a more detail tour of their living spaces they live in for three day shifts or more. There are three groups of fire fighters that take different shifts of the week. I was amazed how well the children behaved. It so tells you that homeschooling children make a difference on listing compared to public school kids. When the tour was over I got in my car and was SHOCKED on what time it was. The tour was suppose to be only an half an hour and they had us for @ hour and half. WOW!! I think this is SO far my best field trip I've taken in my beginning years of homeschooling. I want thank who all came to the tour with me. I, as a mother wanted to do this for my children who I LOVE DEARLY. I fully recommend taking a tour to a fire station, well worth it.













2 comments:

Rebeca said...

Yes, it was great and we all enjoyed it too! Thanks SO MUCH for organizing it for us! I was trying to think of another field trip we could do sometime. Are you going to the lambing barns this year? Hope to see you soon!
Rebeca

the happy yapper said...

Man, what a bunch of cuties! All our kids are so cute! :) Thanks for the trip. I was shocked at how good the kids were, too, for such a long time! :)